Terms and conditions
Registration will close on August 1, 2022. If maximum capacity is reached before this date, the conference registration will be closed prior to this deadline.
Participation is not guaranteed until the full payment of the registration fee is received.
Participants will receive a confirmation email from our registration system after successful conference registration. An invoice for the registration fee will be sent together with the confirmation email.
Please print a copy of your confirmation to be shown at the conference registration desk. Participation is not guaranteed until the full payment of the registration fee is received.
Modification or Additional Tickets
If you wish to modify or purchase additional tickets, please contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
For events that have limited availability, places will be given to those who pay first.
If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place at no additional cost. Please advise substitutions by writing to the conference organizers at email@example.com . Please note:
Any substitution that is not communicated in writing will not be considered valid.
Financial matters must be handled between the registered individual who is not attending and the individual who is substituting.
The substitute is not entitled to cancellation and refunds.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
We understand that members who have registered for the conference may have to cancel their registrations due to unforeseen circumstances. While we try to accommodate cancellations to the best of our ability, any cancellation, especially late ones, put EFA 2022 in a difficult situation. Due to the size of the conference, we have to make many of our arrangements well in advance and therefore cancellations come at a cost to EFA 2022. Consequently, the EFA 2022 organizers have developed a cancellation and refund policy that takes into account the needs and preferences of the conference and the participants. As such, please note that cancellation requests for an already confirmed registration will be processed according to the following schedule.
Cancellations need to be made in writing to the conference organizers. Refunds will only be made to the payment method originally used to purchase the ticket. We are not responsible for the potential differences in the exchange rate. Taxes are not refundable.
An administrative fee of EUR 40 will be withheld from all refunds:
- Full refund: before July 15, 2022, your time
- No refund: after July 15, 2022, your time
If payment has already been made, credit card disputes cannot be used to obtain a refund. In order to receive a refund, you have to follow the procedure described above.
In the event that the meeting is cancelled by the EFA 2022 Organizing Committee, or for any reason or any factor out of the control of the Organizing Committee, such as force majeure, natural disasters, weather conditions, acts of terrorism, or any other cause beyond the control of the EFA 2022 Organizing Committee, which results in the EFA 2022 Annual Meeting not taking place; the EFA 2022 Organizing Committee will try to make all possible efforts to reschedule the Annual Meeting. In such cases, it is entirely the decision of the local EFA 2022 Organizing Committee to decide on the refunds of the registration fee. The liability of the organizers shall be limited to the refund and they shall not be liable for any other loss, cost or expense, however, caused, incurred or arising. In particular, the EFA 2022 organizers shall not be liable to refund any travel or hotel costs incurred by delegates or their organizations.
Delegates and accompanying partners are advised to take out comprehensive insurance, including travel insurance.
Any collection costs incurred will be the responsibility of the debtor.
Personal data information and image Use
Who is the controller?
IESE Business School (Universidad de Navarra), with C.I.F. number R-3168001J, postal address in Pearson Avenue, 21, 08034, Barcelona (Spain) and e-mail InfoDat@iese.edu. IESE Business School (Universidad de Navarra) has a Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org .
What is the purpose of the processing? At IESE Business School (Universidad de Navarra) we process your personal data in order to:
- Capture and fix your image and/or voice by any means with educational, informative, internal operation, promotional and/or advertising purposes or any other within the scope of the activities of IESE or its associated entities. For illustrative purposes, but not limited to, IESE may capture and fix its image and/or voice during classes, lectures, conferences, interviews or in any other area or activity organized or participated in, directly or indirectly, by IESE. Under no circumstances shall IESE be obliged to incorporate, broadcast and/or use the recordings, and it may or may not use them, or use them in part, choosing the shots, photographs and/or making the cuts and/or adaptations that IESE deems appropriate. If you give your consent, you grant IESE, free of charge, the right to authorize third parties to use the recordings for any of the above-mentioned purposes and under such terms and conditions as IESE deems appropriate
- Archive images and/or voice for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes. Under no circumstances will automated individual decision-making techniques be used, nor will profiles be created based on the information provided by the data subject.
What is the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data lies in the:
- For the first purpose, in you express consent to the processing of your personal data [articles 6.1.a) GDPR and 6 LOPDGDD].
- For the second purpose, in the fulfillment of legitimate interests pursued by IESE [article 6.1.f) GDPR], consisting of the processing of personal data for the performance of scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
Who will be the recipients of your personal data?
The dissemination of the recordings will be to anyone who wants access, without any time limit, in all kinds of supports, formats, media and/or exploitation modalities (including Internet). Specifically, the data subject is informed that these activities may be recorded and, if necessary, transmitted live or deferred by electronic means, so that the image of the data subjects may be recorded and disseminated by electronic means, live or deferred, to third parties.
Consequently, and in accordance with current legislation on data protection and Organic Law 1/1982, of May 5, 1982, on the civil protection of the right to honor, personal and family privacy and one’s own image, it is hereby reported that your image may be included in IESE’s publications and on the Internet in general or on the website or social networks where IESE Business School (Universidad de Navarra) is present through official websites.
The publication on the Internet of recordings containing the image of the data subject implies a processing of personal data with a universal scope, so that any person from any country, including those located outside the territory of the European Economic Area or States that do not offer an adequate level of protection in accordance with current legislation on the protection of personal data, may access them.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The personal data obtained will be kept until they are no longer necessary for the purposes indicated, until you withdraw the corresponding consent or until the end of the period required for compliance with a legal obligation that requires their subsequent conservation.
What are your rights?
- Access: You may request confirmation as to whether or not we are processing personal data concerning you and, if so, you will have the right to access your personal data that is being processed
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your personal data when, among other reasons, and provided that there are no exceptions to the exercise of this right: -They are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected -Withdraw your consent (where this is the legal basis for the processing) -Objects to the treatment and no other legitimate grounds for such treatment prevail -Your personal data have been processed unlawfully
- Restriction of processing: You may request a restriction of processing of your personal data: – While the accuracy of your data is being checked – Where the processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of your personal data – When it is no longer necessary to process your personal data, but you need them for the exercise or defense of claims – Where you have objected to the processing of your personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the satisfaction of a legitimate interest, while verifying whether the legitimate grounds for the processing prevail over your own
- Data portability: You may receive, in electronic format, the personal data that you have provided to us, as well as transmit them to another entity
- Object: You may object to the processing of your personal data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for doing so which prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the formulation, exercise or defence of any claim.
As a data subject, you may exercise these rights by writing to IESE’s Data Protection Officer at the postal address located at Avenida Pearson, 21, 08034, Barcelona (Spain) or by e-mail to email@example.com, accompanied by proof of your identity. You will also have the right to revoke your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your prior consent, and to file a complaint with the supervisory authority [Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (www.aepd.es)] if, on our part, your request is not acted upon within a maximum period of one (1) month from its submission. Please inform us of any changes in your personal data in order to keep our database up to date
The EFA 2022 Organizing Committee will not accept any liability for death, injury, any loss, cost or expense suffered for any person (including accompanying persons or partners or attendant caregivers) in or outside of the conference locations. In particular, the organizers will not accept any liability for losses arising from the provision or non-provision of services provided by hotel companies or transport operators. Nor can the organizers accept liability for losses suffered by reasons of war, including threat of war, riots and civil strife, terrorist activity, natural disasters, weather, fire, flood, drought, technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown within any premises visited by delegates and/or partners in connection with the meeting, nor losses suffered for reasons of industrial disputes, governmental action, registrations or technical problems, which may affect the services provided in connection with the meeting.